Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mei Ling 姐姐

Mei Ling is my bro's wife and supposedly, my kids have to call her 'Aunty Mei Ling' after she got married to my brother. However, the girls got used to call her Mei Ling 姐姐, which means sister, and the name sticks till now.

Personally, I am not that particular when come to adsressing the elders. I take a more western approach, elderly, just call uncle or aunty and younger ones call sister or brother. In chinese language, there is different name to call father's bro, mother's bro, father's sister or mother's sister. The list get more complicated upon marriage, in addressing my own relatives or my husband's relatives.

Anyway, as Mei Ling 姐姐 birthday is approaching, we celebrated her birthday and Elly and Emmy sang her a birthday song and some Chinese New Year songs. May all your wishes come true!

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment