Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Honesty & Integrity

I took a cab to the lrt station, and the uncle cab, indian uncle did not have RM50 change. I told him to wait for me while I went to the station to make some loose change.

There was some queue at the station, by the time I went down the stairs, I saw the cab abt to move. Perhaps the uncle cab thought that this chinese girl going to cheat the RM5 taxi fare. I quickly ran down the stairs and waved at him. He stopped the cab.

Panting, I open the door, apologized and thanked him. I can see a satisfied smile on his face, sending me the message that he was glad that I don't cheat him. Thinking over the whole incident, yeah, I can easily just walk in the station and board the lrt, and forget about the poor uncle, but this is all about honesty and integrity.

Will we as parents want our kids to be honest and live with integrity? Definite yes! I pledge to set a good example for my children and things that I wouldn't want them to do, I must set a good example myself. Well, easier said than done, to be able to do that require a lot of conscious energy, which most the times, I act subconsciously too.


Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment